Cupsuptic Lake
Our adventure today - kayaking Cupsuptic Lake. We have done this excursion many times over the years and though I knew we used the dock in Cupsuptic Lake, I always thought we were on a river. Apparently not. But our path does take us to the mouth of the Cupsuptic River. We always try to head upstream or against the wind when starting our journey and use the current and wind to return us. Today we lucked out with both wind and current - the ride back was fast and the only paddling we had to do was to steer. An absolutely gorgeous trip! Lots of wildlife and most I caught on camera except the beautiful blue heron that flew directly over us.
This loon was not shy at all - he was only a few feet from me!
Lots of Canadian geese hanging out.
Mama and baby duck.
the blue dot was our turn around point.
Our kayak trip to Cupsuptic Lake 2007:
Today's accomplishments:
painting tomorrow. (Hopefully the last ones needing painting!)
Word of the day - gnomic. Meaning something cryptically said or written in few words. (I would not have guessed that meaning!)














Comments
Post a Comment