Pluviophile

 Early morning entertainment by Brianna.  Though asleep when I first arrived, she was quick to rise and begin her antics.  She "ordered" her breakfast of banana muffins cut in four with margarine on every piece after toasting.  While I cut and toasted, she was responsible for finding the muffins and margarine.  For her second helping she now wanted to prepare them herself.  She deemed herself "old enough" to use the knives and toaster.  Now I know she is capable and can fulfill her own "order"!

While I was wrangling TK out of the rain and back to the barn, Nri went to check on the chickens.  "Sweetheart", the oddball chicken, was "missing".  Bri named her after feeling sympathy for how the others are treating her.  We found her huddling in the nesting box.  

The ride to gymnastics camp is only a few minutes.  Bri used the time to read the Valley Breeze and catch up on local news.  She consistently reads the paper while in my car so I always have a fresh copy for her.  

The weather though miserable actually made my trip to Walmart easier than normal.  Apparently no one wants to get wet.  I had the store and the aisles and the self checkout to myself!  I only needed a few items that the stupid market did not have yesterday so I was in and out in 20 minutes!   

Love Parks Week.  One of our favorite parks through the years - Roger Williams Park in Providence.
                                                Peter and Megan 1998

                                                        Scott 2004

                                            Peter, Megan, Kevin
                                        Harry, Scott, Alexa                    2005
                                                Yes, we had an outdoor picnic in the snow!

                    July 29, 2000:
                                        Peter and Bella the Clown at the Big Apple Circus

                    July 29, 2009:
                                        Megan and Katie in Rangeley during the street dance.

                    July 29, 2023:
                                Paul and myself at The Marshall Tucker Band concert in Rangeley.

                    July 29, 2025:
                                                        Brianna doing her starfish dive!

Word of the day - pluviophile.  Meaning lover of rain, someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real (Close)

Newlyweds

Driving Rain and Left Side Road